Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mother's day update

My mum called me saturday (a day before mother's day) that's she already received the gift from me and my sister (the one that i order online) and she is very happy, but she didn't sound very happy ler. I know deep down in her heart she is sad that all her kids are not around her. My parents stay in perlis, which do not have much job oppoturnity and that's why all her kids are working out of state. Like me, i used to work in penang and now i got married to a penang kia and settled down here. My brother work in penang too and he got married to a penang gal and settle down here too. My sister is still single so she decided to work in singapore (to earn Sing dollar mar). My brother is still studying in Melacca, but with his major bet he won't be back to perlis and most probably will end up in KL or penang. So you see, none of us will be staying in perlis to accompany my parents. I've asked them whether they plan to move to penang but they are reluctant. They will lost all their friends and their social life if they move to penang. Not to mention that they only able to afford a small apartment in penang with the money they have (my parents now stay in Semi D in perlis ler). And the most important thing that make them reluctant to move out also because my grandparents are still in perlis . My father being the only son definitely not abandon his parents.
Ok lar. now want to know how i celebrate my first mother's day as a mother? As what i expected, no gift from my hubby on this day lor. But on saturday night my hubby brought me to one of my favourite restaurant to have my favourite French Onion soup and Ribeye steak. Yummy yummy!! So not bad lar. And on sunday, we brought my in laws to have a good lunch at Flame, a steamboat restaurant. So that's how i celebrate mother's day lor. Nothing too special lar.

No comments: