Friday, January 30, 2009

Xinyi update

Hub brought Xinyi to see her paed on the 3rd day of CNY while i stay at home to take care of bb. Turn out that her ulcers is not something to worried about but the sound in her lung is. She got lung infection and needed the antibiotic. Night mare begin. After she is started on antibiotic she has the worse diarrhea of her life. She lost all her appetite and won't eat anything at all even though the ulcer no longer bother her. The taste of her antibiotic is so bad that she cannot take it and vomit out all her food in her stomach. She looks so pale and sick. She is not active at all and doesn't talk much. She spend most of her time lying on bed looking blank. We tried to feed her some medicine to stop the diarrhea but she hates that medicine even more. I can't remember how many times we have to clean her and the bed sheet because of her vomit and also the diarrhea. We wanted to bring her back to paed then only realize that her paed is off today. We can only bring her back tomorrow. I foresee that she will need to be admitted to hospital. She lost so much fluid and she still breath with sound in her lung. I can hear the sound when i put my ear on her chest. It's very very scary for us.
Hub can't take leave so if Xinyi is admitted i will have to stay at the hospital with her. I 'm still thinking how am i going to pump the breastmilk in the hospital for my baby girl to drink? How am i going to store the breastmilk in the hospital and sterilize the pump parts?
I really hope Xinyi can recover fast and back to her normal self. It's heartache to see my girl suffer like this. I wonder whether i am a good mother. How come my girl always sick?

3 comments:

Moo Mummy said...

oh,my god. If ur admin in private hospital ask them how to store the milk. They sure will have brestpump can pinjam one. Just may be u have to go to another wad to pump. Kid use to like that one, more over now the weather so gila one. Make sure kids have enought water and vit c and protein too.Protein help to stronger the lung.

Peridot&Sapphire said...

you sounds very much like my case... my girl was admitted last month. You are a strong mother as you don't have extra helpers at home... I'm not sure whether I'm a good mother coz I didn't take care of my girl when she's adnmitted coz of little brother. MIL looked after En En in the hospital...

soomingooi said...

Didn't take care of your girl when she admitted will not make you not a good mother. You need to take care your son. For my case, my mil prefer to take care of my bb because she feel that she can't handle my elder daughter.