Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Co-Sleeping

When Xinyi is small, we used to let her sleep in our bed together with me and hubby for easy to take care at night cos she always spit out some milk after her feed and it is easy for me to check whether she needed any cleanup. Even after she does no need any night feeding anymore, she still always wake up in the middle of the night and need me to pat her back to sleep. So we continue to let her sleep in our bed.
However, Xinyi always tossing, rolling around during her sleep, squeezing me and hubby towards the edge of the bed, leaving us only a small area to sleep. So we decided that it's time for Xinyi to sleep in her own crib. But she keep on wake up multiply times during the night. She will stand and holding on to the rail , cry and cry until i pick her up and put her on our bed.
So, I removed one side of the rail of her crib and tied her crib close to our bed. Then i filled the gap in between beds with boolster. Now Xinyi is willing to sleep in her own crib. There is no rail in between , therefore she won't feel like she is sleeping alone without me besides her.It's also easier for me to pat her back to sleep when she wakes up in the middle of the night.

What i do with the rail that i removed? I used it as a gate on my staircase, to prevent Xinyi from climbing up the stair. It's a bit ugly, but who cares if it serve the purpose......

No comments: